I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in Mississippi (10/3/06)

I arrived back in Gulfport yesterday, welcomed by the heat and humidity!

I had such a great time seeing friends and family this past weekend in Baltimore and DC. I hope to get the photos developed soon to share with you all! The MS Challenge Walk was a huge success- minus the blisters and other possible permanent damage done to my feet.

I did manage to come home with a wicked cold, so I have spent the past day and a half nursing my sickness. I pulled myself together today, however, just enough to make the trip up to Hattisburg, MS for a YAV meeting with the Executive Presbyter of the Presbytery of Mississippi. We went to see the office, meet the leadership, and get a lession in Presbyterian History- all useful information.

Hopefully I will be rid of the uck by tomorrow and ready to get back to work.
Until then......
Peace and love,
Erin

No comments: