I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Monday, October 16, 2006

Driving around with a car full of Erins (10/16/06)

This afternoon I toured some of our worksites with a volunteer named Erin who was taking video footage for her church in Newport Beach, CA. What is it about Californians that makes them all want to videotape everything? She was the second director I've worked with from CA in a week. Anyway, Erin is one of the coolest volunteers I've had the pleasure of working with down here....must be the name. We traveled around and spoke with homeowners and volunteers and just talked about all things disaster recovery. It made me wonder how it is possible that I've only been here for 41 days. (?!?!?!) I feel so connected to this community and the people with whom I am sharing this experience. I can't imagine what the next 10 months will bring....and I can't wait to find out either.......

No comments: