I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A day in the life.... (10/10/06)

Back at work. Today I was up at 5:00am to help my housemate Linda with her Hispanic Outreach efforts. We went to a local day labor pick up area with coffee and doughnuts. Her goal is to create relationships with the Hispanics in the Gulf community, assess needs and maybe, eventually work on building up a new worship community. Today was a great start! Then I went out to the Interfaith Warehouse- a fantastic place many local churches partner with to provide supplies and furnishings to families in the area. I got to see how the help is really delivered. Then I came back to the office and spent the day on the phone and in person working with families in need. I'm still working through our backlog of work requests, but I am developing hope that we'll get through some of them soon. With that in mind, I will be hitting the phones again tomorrow........
Love and peace,
E

No comments: