I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back in Balmer, hon.... (9/27/06)

Hey all!
I made it back to Baltimore today for the MS Challenge Walk this weekend. Yesterday the Handsboro crew and I painted our living space. It is fantastic! Then the team took off early this morning for PCUSA's Ghost Ranch retreat in New Mexico for a YAV orientation. I am bummed to miss the fun, but glad to be home to visit with family a bit. My family, friends and I are participating in a three-day 50 mile walk for the National MS Society this weekend (that we've been planning for about one year). I won't be at church Sunday because I will be somewhere around mile 41....but I will be thinking of everyone. (And I will be back to visit for Thanksgiving).
All my love,
Erin

No comments: