I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Why am I still awake? (10/22/06 at 1:30am- seriously!?)

It's late and I haven't slept much, but I also haven't updated the blog in a few days and wanted to drop a hello in here. First, my family freaking rocks. I was on the receiving end of so much love this week. I had several packages come in from sisters and mom- including one with Halloween candy and decorations. Thank you guys! I love you!

Speaking of Halloween- I need some costume ideas. I mean, how do you dress-up for the devil's day when you live in a church? Help me out here.

This weekend has been really fun. Many of the 15 GCM crew came into Handsboro to chill a bit. There were board games, football games, long talks, celebrity magazines, a bit of beach time, and 2/3 of my favorite 80s movie (Better Off Dead). I learned that while down here, you just can't beat some quality time with folks who really understand what you are doing and the point of this adventure. I love this team!

It's also a bit crazy since we have several volunteer teams coming in and one big team leaving for home tomorrow morning. The church is full of energy and spirit, and noise and smells. I'm so sad to see the SoCali team go home, but I know we have some great peeps coming in to help out this week.

It is raining again. Maybe it is time for me to turn in.
I love you guys!
Peace,
E

No comments: