I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yup, there's still a lot of work to do.

It's been a while since I've posted Gulf Coast photos. Last week one of the homeowners that I am working with asked me to take some photos of her home while we worked on it. That got me driving around town, camera in hand. Here's what I saw that I thought you all might like to see- the progress, and the lack of progress. I've also posted many more photos to my Shutterfly Photo Album. All photos are from this past week!




















Downtown Gulfport:







Some from Biloxi:





And now for some photos of progress. On the left is a new condo building right on the beach, just down the road from Handsboro Pres. Below is my beloved Waffle House. This one is under construction on the beach (Hwy 90) on the Gulfport/Long Beach city line. Look at how much they have to elevate to build at that location!

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Yup, still work to do.

Glad you are here to be with us.
Glad ALL of you, B. and L. are here!