I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Birthday Wish

So, today I am supposed to celebrate getting yet another year older. If I must mark the occassion, I'd like to do it by making some use out of the day. Not only is it my birthday but it is also the middle of a truly great occasion: Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week!



Most of you reading this (is anyone reading this?) know that I've been very involved with the National MS Society over the years- walking, running, working and volunteering to help them raise money to fight Multiple Sclerosis. My sister Jenny was diagnosed with MS almost 20 years ago and she's been fighting hard ever since! We've come a long way in the efforts to learn more about and try to find a cure for this crippling disease since that time. Much of the success in research and support for those living with MS is because of the great work the National MS Society has been doing.


I hope you'll join me in supporting the National MS Society this week. Here's how you can help:

1. Read and learn about Multiple Sclerosis and find a way to get involved in your community by visiting the National MS Society's website: www.nmss.org.

2. Support TEAM JENNY. We walked in the 2006 MS Challenge Walk in DC (3 Days, 50 Miles) and raised over $12,000 for the National MS Society. Now we're gearing up to do it again! This year, you can walk with us, volunteer with us, or become one of our favorite financial contributors. For more info or to register or make a donation go to the TEAM JENNY website.

3. Say a little prayer for Jenny and the thousands of others who are living with MS and fighting it every day! Don't forget to pray for the researchers working in those labs to find a cure.
Thanks!

(Above: My sister, Jenny, and her husband, Rob.

The other two photos are from the 2006 MS Challenge Walk)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday!