I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dear Gulfport, Mississippi,

Thanks for being so beautiful today. I mean, I know God had a lot to do with that, but really, ya looked good today and I just had to tell ya. I was so happy to enjoy your clean roads, your fabulous gulf views, your cleaned up sandy beaches, your friendly folks waving at me everywhere I turn. It was nice. People were hanging out on their porches and chatting with neighbors while enjoying this great day! And you know how we've all needed that beauty and fun. Especially since you seem to have told the mosquitoes that it was time to come back. Hey- maybe you, Gulfport, Mississippi, can do something about those pests. They're back and they've started biting the heck outta me again. If you'll just take care of those bugs, I promise to keep trying to help you and your residents rebuild. That sounds fair. Okay? Let me know....

Thanks again for today!

Love,
Erin

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Bug spray, girlie, bug spray!

for gnat-ages, I hear that Bounce dryer sheets rubbed on flesh keep them away.

I was gnat bitten out at garage sales today, but no 'squito bites yet.

it IS beautiful here.