Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Why I love this vacation....
I'm spending a few days in Orlando on a vacation with my Gulf Coast Mission accountability partner and friend, Lauren, and her parents. We've done a little bit of the Disney stuff, but mostly we're just relaxing. Here are my favorite bits of this vacation so far....
1. I'm out of Gulfport for a bit. Out of the office, away from the phone calls, and getting a much needed break from those precious volunteers that I love so much.
2. I'm not using an alarm clock.
3. The sun is out and it is beautiful.
4. I went to Epcot for the first time. Did I mention that I've never been to Disney World before? Epcot was fantastic. A full 12-hour day. Lovin' it.
5. My diet staples this week have been chips, chocolate and diet coke.
6. I was able to relax enough to lay poolside and read a crap novel.
7. I am sleeping in a big-girl bed. Really, no twin bed for me!
8. There was no dump truck to awake me at 3 in the morning.
9. Lauren and her family are pretty fun folks to hang out with. They've been so wonderful to me. And getting to spend some serious quality time with Lauren is such a gift.
10. It gave me time to deal with my dad and his illness this week. We had a bit of a scare, but he's going to be okay. It happened while on vacation, so I was able to talk to him as much as I or he wanted to and didn't have to worry about focusing on other things (volunteers, bosses, homeowners, roommates, Mississippians, the general mayhem of disaster recovery, etc.).
Better get back out to the pool.....