I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Last night's State of the Union Address got me thinking.....

While sitting in a church in Gulfport, MS, watching the President, presidential hopefuls, and all of our nation's leaders on TV, being frustrated by everying he said about Iraq, Immigration, and Health Care (really- we only need to provide medical care for the elderly, disabled and poor children- really???), I can't stop wondering......


...what are they planning to do to help the thousands of residents of the Gulf Coast?








(All photos taken last week by the team from the Presbytery of New York City. To see more of their photos or to read their trip blog please go to: http://pnyckatrina.blogspot.com/)

No comments: