I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's still freaking Tuesday!

Okay, the positive vibe is lost tonight.

I am writing this from my tippy-toes, leaning my laptop against the window of the church and balancing it against my chest because that is the only way to get online here. What, you ask? Yes, there is WiFi in the church for all other staff and volunteers to use, but not for the GCM team. I don't want to get started on that.

I'm doing this freak-like on-line stalking in order to look for apartments in Gulfport because we are hoping to move out of the church. I love living here, but in order to protect my sanity and a bit of my privacy (read: people wandering into my bedroom at all hours), I gotta get out of here. For two months, that's been in the works.

I thought the lesson in all of this was patience. So I've waited.....something I am terrible at doing. Maybe that's not the lesson here. Maybe this is a lesson in creativity. Maybe I have to speak more creatively, pray more creatively and I definitely need to take more creative actions.

For example- lean against a window in order to surf apartments on the web.
Huh!

No comments: