I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On the road again

I'm headed to Austin, TX tomorrow. I am taking this not-so-quick road trip out to visit two great friends who've just moved to this great town! I've never been to Austin before so I am pretty fired up about getting a chance to check it out. And I needed a break from Mississippi. I didn't take any time off between my YAV year and my new job, so this long weekend is the perfect opportunity to create some space and refresh for the work ahead.

And we get to drive through a tropical storm!

More from the road....

No comments: