I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Saturday, September 15, 2007

During my first 24 hours in Texas...

We drove through a hurricane.
We marveled at the sight of some seriously huge crickets.
We toured the state capitol.
We tried to climb the UT Tower.
Lauren played with the UT Turtles.
We toured Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
I bought some Longhorn gear.
I two stepped with a Sweedish guy at a honkey tonk called The Broken Spoke.
I fell in love with a new country song called, "It ain't love, but it ain't bad."
I haven't been to bed before 3 am.
I ate about 4 cupcakes.
I got to meet some of Linda's family.


And I've still got two more days with these great friends to explore more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I used to live like 1/2 a mile away from The Broken Spoke. Try Thundercloud Subs and Magnolia Cafe (or Kerbey Lane) if you have time. I MISS Austin. But I loves Chicago! (I hates Chicago!) NO, but I loves it! -- Bad Gollum! Stop interrupting. Enjoy your time there. Avoid future hurricanes.

Anonymous said...

Ooops. That last comment (and this one) was from Merky.

Becca said...

I'm so jealous! Sounds like fun!