I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Adventures in Alabama (9/23)

After a big family breakfast at Handsboro, the team took off this morning for fun in the Alabama sun! We drove about 2 hours to Gulf Shores, Alabama for a much needed day-off at the beach. It was beautiful! And a real beach. Who knew? In Alabama! With waves and everything (including jellyfish- the ones that sting, yes- I am saying that I was stung today and that it hurt). It was a great little get-away for the crew. I still can't believe I was in Alabama today. Really, Alabama.
Tomorrow will be full of church and football. Go Skins!
Love you all!
-E

No comments: