I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Friday, June 01, 2007

Who made today such a special one?

Today is special for many reasons.....

1. Three special people in my life celebrate their birthdays today: my awesome sister- Jenny, and two great friends- Tyler and Taylor. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you guys (even if you're all old now). Go team redhead!

2. I got to deliver gifts of love to a homeowner, and a check for $1400! That money was raised by a group of very young children in upstate NY who are learning about mission service. They worked, fund raised, created crafts, and collected books for a little girl on the Gulf Coast who lost her home to Hurricane Katrina. Today, they put a smile on her face!

3. We will complete a new home and turn over the keys tonight! As I type this message, a crew is preparing a crawfish boil at the newly rebuilt home, which was crafted through the hard work and collaboration of many different churches, agencies, hearts and hands. Tonight we all get to celebrate that accomplishment!

4. It's Friday, baby!

No comments: