I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hope

From touring the bayous of Houma with my GCM gang to touring the streets of New Orleans with the DMPC mission team, from the top of a carnival ride that made me want to puke to the bottom of the pool with a very new swimmer, from the touching goodbye sermon preached by a dear friend to the sight of my Baltimore church members worshiping in my Gulfport home, from the fun that can only come from a trailer full of girl talk to laughter that can only be heard in the middle of the zydeco train dance line, from the ninth ward devistation to the pearlington devistation to the gulfport devistation to the newly opened Bay St. Louis Bridge to the volunteer teams seen all over the coast to the evidence of progress at several houses we're working on.....I'm finding hope everywhere this weekend.

No comments: