I started this blog to keep my church, friends and family updated on my year volunteering in Katrina recovery with the Presbyterian Church (USA). I've now signed on for a second year working in disaster recovery and another year living in Mississippi. It's getting good....

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On Vacation!

The last few weeks have been quite hectic on the Gulf Coast. The Presbytery of Mississippi Disaster Recovery's leadership is processing through a major transition. In my GCM program, Jaymie left, Brenna's packing to leave this weekend, and Linda decided to move home early. Homeowners are stressing out because it's hurricane season again and their homes are in various stages of mess/repair. And my awesome team from home (Dickey Memorial Presbyterian Church) came down and I got to spend much of the week working with them/not doing my job! It was time for some much needed R & R.

Right now I am sitting on the porch of our rented beach house in the Outer Banks, NC. I'm here for a week relaxing and playing with my sisters and their families. Today I enjoyed one of the more perfect vacation days I've had in a while, which included sleeping in until 8:30, waking up to bacon and eggs ready on a plate, kayaking with the girls all morning, drinking a daiquiri with lunch at the pier, reading a book with my niece, finding the perfect comfy dress on sale for my summer weddings while shopping with my sisters, hitting the beach for a few hours with the whole gang, playing a couple rounds of pool in the basement, swinging on the hammock with my nephew, enjoying steaks off the grill for the family dinner, and finishing the night watching our neighbors set off fireworks while we set up the board games.

And it's only Wednesday......







3 comments:

Linda said...

yea for vacation!

Brenna said...

Hey I miss you! So much so that I'm going to sleep with one of your blankets tonight (that might also be because I packed mine, but mostly because I miss you). I'm glad you're having fun. Can't wait to see you on the 3rd!

Whistle said...

Wow! Great vacation pics!

Have a good time and see you soon!