Not sure what I am doing with this blog thing anymore. I started blogging about a year ago as an efficient way to help family, church, and friends keep up to date with what I was working on down here.
Not much has changed.
No one likes to hear that. I call home and people say, "what's new?" and I got nothing. It's the same stuff. So I stop calling home. Some of the same stuff is drama and frustration and sadness. But a lot of that same stuff is really good. I am surrounded by wonderful, loving, busy folks doing great work ... just as they have for the past 14 months.
But same stuff makes for boring blogging.
But to give it an honest try, I will attempt to share what news I can from the past month that might be of some interest to my faithful pals who've stuck around to continue reading this blog, even when I'm not so good at updating it.
In the past month I have:
- Busted another car tire (that's five in one year, if you are counting)
- visited the most awesome friends ever, up in Oxford, MS
- struck a deal with a long-term recovery org, americorps, and pda that might actually help some folks down here
- pushed through exactly ONE grant application on behalf of ONE family
- cheered my cheeks off at the very cool VooDooFest in New Orleans (I'm still totally in love with Trombone Shorty and Irma Thomas)
- become a key player in an all-out peanut-butter-prank-war
- logged more than 3000 miles on my work vehicle
- walked 50 miles in 3 days back at home with my sister to benefit the Nat'l MS Society
- nearly adopted a dog, three times, before panicking at the thought of that commitment
- missed church three times
- enjoyed visits from two of my amazing roommates from last year
- started making plans for my visit home for Thanksgiving....dreaming of turkey!
Guess I had more to say that not.....